YouTube doesn’t provide the download feature to all its users. Only users with a premium YouTube subscription will be able to download videos from YouTube. However, there are many other tricks with the help of which we can easily download YouTube videos and upload them to our Google Drive. In this article, let us discuss all the possible ways through which we can download videos from YouTube. Read further to find out more.
|Table of Contents|
How To Save a YouTube Video on Your Google Drive? – Using Extension
We can easily save a YouTube video to Google Drive using the extension “Save to Google Drive”. The detailed steps on how to do this are explained below.
- 1st Step: Open Chrome Extensions – chrome://extensions.
- 2nd Step: In the search store, search for the extension “Save to Google Drive“.
- 3rd Step: Click on the extension and hit the “Add to Chrome” button.
- 4th Step: Click on “Add Extension” from the pop-up on the screen.
- 5th Step: Now you will see the extension being added to your device. The next step is to create a new folder on Google Drive to save all your videos on Google Drive.
- 6th Step: Right click on the “Save to Google Drive” extension and click on “Options.“
- 7th Step: In the “Save to Folder” section, choose your destination for the folder that you have created.
- 8th Step: Now open YouTube and copy the video link that you would like to download.
- 9th Step: Open the SaveFrom Video downloader site and paste the YouTube video link.
- 10th Step: Click on the “Download” option.
- 11th Step: Once the video is downloaded, right click and choose “Save Link to Google Drive“.
That’s it. The video will begin downloading and being stored in Google Drive by the extension.
Note: It will take some time to complete this process. Be patient and check your folder to see if the video has been downloaded.
How to Save a YouTube Video on Your Google Drive?
The above method explains how to save the YouTube video directly to Google Drive without any extensions. Apart from the above, one can also simply use the direct method, where he/she can download the YouTube video to the computer and then upload it to the system. The steps to do this are explained below.
- 1st Step: First, open the YouTube video that you want to save to your drive.
- 2nd Step: Now copy the YouTube video link.
- 3rd Step: Go to any video downloader website. In this article, we are using the “SaveFrom” video downloader website.
- 4th Step: Paste the YouTube video link in the search bar.
- 5th Step: Click on the “Download” button.
- 6th Step: Once the video is ready to download, click on the “Download” button again.
- 7th Step: The video is downloaded to your device. Now, open Google Drive.
- 8th Step: Click on File Upload and choose the downloaded file.
That’s it. Once the file is uploaded, you can start watching the video on your device.
How to Save YouTube Videos to Google Drive on the iPhone?
Follow the steps given below to download YouTube videos to Google Drive from your iPhone:
- 1st Step: Find the video you wish to save in the YouTube app.
- 2nd Step: Next to the video’s title, tap the three vertical dots.
- 3rd Step: To copy a link, select the Share icon.
- 4th Step: Open Safari and navigate to DownVids.net.
- 5th Step: To paste the URL, double-tap the box.
- 6th Step: Make sure you select.mp4 as the file format and 1080p as the quality and then click on the Download button.
- 7th Step: Now, tap Download this Video. Now you will be navigated to the new window. To complete, tap Download.
- 8th Step: Once the video is downloaded, open the Google Drive app and click on the “Plus (+)” icon.
- 9th Step: Now choose “File Upload” from the drop-down menu and start uploading your downloaded video to Google.
How To Save YouTube Videos to Google Drive on Andriod?
The steps to save YouTube videos from Google Drive to Android have been explained below.
- 1st Step: On the Android platform, launch the YouTube app.
- 2nd Step: After opening the video, select the “Share” button.
- 3rd Step: Select “YouTube Downloader” from the share button.
- 4th Step: Now select the file format.
- 5th Step: Click on “Download“.
- 6th Step: The file has now been downloaded to your phone. Now open Google Drive on your Android phone or tablet.
- 7th Step: At the bottom of the screen, select the Plus sign.
- 8th Step: Choose the “Upload” button.
- 9th Step: Click on the three lines and you can choose the video.
Once the video has been uploaded, it will be saved to your Google Drive.
Now that you are aware of the various methods through which you can upload videos to Google Drive, If you have any other easy method apart from the ones mentioned here, then do let us know in the comment box below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.