Text Rotation in Google Sheets: When it comes to data formatting options, Google Sheets comes with an ‘n’ number of features. One of the useful features which Google Sheet offers is to rotate the text in the cells. We can rotate text in Google Sheet by any of the two methods via., Toolbar or using Format Options. We have provided all the necessary information on how to rotate the text with important Google Sheet Tips on this page. Read on to find more.
Table of Contents
Methods to Rotate Text in Google Sheet
We can rotate the text on Google Sheets with the help of the following 2 methods:
- Using Format Options
- Using Toolbar
Rotating Text using Toolbar in Google Sheet
The steps to rotate text in Google Sheet with the help of the toolbar are explained below:
- Step 1: Open the Google Spreadsheet and select the cells where you would like to rotate the text.
- Step 2: In the toolbar, click on the “Text Rotation” icon as shown below.
- Step 3: You will see various kinds of text rotation options. Click on the type of text rotation that you need.
- Step 4: The selected text will be rotated as shown in the image below.
- How to Strikethrough in Google Sheets: 3 Easy Shortcut Methods
- How to Wrap Text in Google Sheets: Expand Cell using Text Wrap
- How To Insert Indents in Google Sheets? – Know How to Tab Down in Google Sheets
Note: Towards the right side of the text rotation icon, you will see the degree symbol as shown below. Mention the angle or degree; the text will be rotated in that particular cell as per the angle mentioned.
Text Rotate in Google Sheets using Format Options
This method is a bit time taking. However, one can also make use of this option to rotate the text in Google Sheets. The steps to rotate text in Google Sheets using format options are explained below:
- Step 1: Select the cells where you would like to rotate the text.
- Step 2: Now click on the “Format” option and select “Text Rotation” from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: Upon clicking the “Text Rotation” option, you will see various options. Click on the type of text rotation you want to make in that particular cell.
- Step 4: You will see the text getting rotated in the selected cell in Google Sheets.
How to Stack Text in Google Sheets?
The steps to stack the text in Google Sheets are given below:
- Step 1: Select the text which needs to be stacked.
- Step 2: Click on the “Format” option from the toolbar.
- Step 3: Now move the “Text Rotation” and select “Stack Vertically“.
- Step 4: The selected text will be stacked.
You can also click on the text rotation icon in the toolbar and select the fourth option, “Stack Vertically”, to stack the text in Google Sheets.