In Google Sheets, you can change the locale, time zone, calculation settings, and functions language of a spreadsheet. Also, it is important to note that, When you make a modification to the spreadsheet, it affects the entire Google Sheets in your drive and changes will be visible to everyone working on it, regardless of their location.
In this article, let us discuss how to change locale and time zone in the spreadsheet with the help of Google Sheets tips. Read on to find more.
Table of Contents
How To Change Locale and Time Zone in Google Spreadsheet?
When you change a spreadsheet’s locale and time zone, the default currency, date, and number formatting changes as well. Follow the steps outlined below to change the locale and time zone in Google Sheets:
- Step 1: Open the Google Spreadsheet where you want to change the locale settings.
- Step 2: Now click on the File tab in the menubar and choose Spreadsheet Settings from the drop down menu.
- Step 3: Here the “Settings for this Spreadsheet” window will open on the screen. Now under the “General” section, move to the “Locale” menu.
- Step 4: Now choose your “Location” from the drop down option. Note that, changing the locale settings will have an impact on formatting components including functions, dates, and currency.
- Step 5: Under Time Zone, choose the time zone which fits your location. Also, note that changing the time zone settings will affect the history of your spreadsheet that will be saved in this time zone. All time-related functions will be affected.
- How to Convert Time to Military Time Format in Google Sheets?
- How to Edit and View Text from Right to Left in Google Sheets?
- How to Use Dark Theme in Google Sheets: Simple Steps to Change Google Sheets Theme
How to Change Language for Functions in Google Sheets?
In Google Sheets, you can also change the language of Google Sheets functions from English to any other 21 languages. The steps to change the language for functions in Google Spreadsheet are given below:
- Step 1: Firstly make sure your Google Sheets account is set to non-English language.
- Step 2: Now open the Google Spreadsheet on your system.
- Step 3: Click on the “File” tab from the menubar and choose “Spreadsheet Settings” from the drop down menu.
- Step 4: Under “Display Language“, uncheck the “Always use English function names” to see functions in your display language.
- Step 5: Click on the “Save Settings” button. This will save the settings.
The list of languages that are supported by Google Sheets for functions are given below:
How to Choose Formula Calculation Timings in Google Sheets?
In Google Sheets, we can also specify the formula calculation timings. For example, if you are importing data from one spreadsheet to the current spreadsheet, then you specify how often it should import the data such as import data every 1 hour, 30 mins and so.
The steps to choosing how often should formula be calculated in Google Spreadsheet are explained below:
- Step 1: Open a Google Sheets spreadsheet on your device.
- Step 2: Select File, then Spreadsheet Options, and lastly Calculation in the window
- Step 3: Now set the parameters for:
- Recalculation: Controls the frequency with which specific formulas are updated.
- Iterative calculation: Limits the number of times a circular reference formula can be used.
- Step 4: Save your changes by clicking the Save button.
External data-pulling functions are recalculated at the following intervals:
- ImportRange: 30 minutes
- ImportHtml, ImportFeed, ImportData, ImportXml: 1 hour
- GoogleFinance: may be delayed up to 20 minutes