When you are working with Google Sheets, it is quite exciting to watch someone’s activity. But if you are wondering how to watch someone’s activity, then you will have to view the activity dashboard.
This page will explain everything about how to view the activity dashboard in Google Spreadsheet. Also, this page’s Google Sheets tips will help you to view which of your collaborators have opened the files and helps to view their activity. Read on to find more.
Table of Contents
How To View your Activity Dashboard in Google Sheets?
Follow the steps as given below to view the activity dashboard in Google Sheets:
- Step 1: Open the Google Spreadsheet where you would like to see the collaborators’ activity.
- Step 2: Now click on the “Tools” tab in the menubar.
- Step 3: Choose “Activity Dashboard” from the drop-down menu.
- Step 4: Now the Activity dashboard window will open on the screen.
- Step 5: Towards the left, you will see 5 options and they are: Viewers, Viewer trends, Comment trend, Sharing history, Privacy settings.
- Step 6: You can choose the options which you want to view and perform the necessary operations.
- Step 7: To close the activity dashboard window click on the cross icon (X).
- Viewers Option in Activity Dashboard: This will tell who has viewed this particular Google Sheets in the form of the list view.
- Viewer Trend Option in Activity Dashboard: This option displays viewers’ trends saying that which is the most time the viewer has viewed the Google Sheets.
- Comment Trend Option in Activity Dashboard: This option helps to analyze the time where most of the comments were posted by users in the Google Sheets.
How To Send an Email to Collaborators using Activity Dashboard?
The steps to send an email to collaborators are given below:
- Step 1: Open a file in Google Sheets that you can edit on your PC.
- Step 2: Click Activity dashboard Trend at the top of the page.
- Step 3: You may send an email to specific persons by checking the box next to their name, or you can click Send email to send an email to everyone. Send an email and then choose all recipients.
- Step 4: Continue by pressing the Enter key.
- Step 5: Send your message when you have typed it in.
How to Limit View History in Activity Dashboard?
With the help of the Activity Dashboard in Google Sheets, we can easily limit the view history. For example, you can turn off and on history in Google Sheets by going through the instructions given below:
How to Turn Off View History in Google Sheets?
The steps to turn off the view history are explained below:
- Step 1: Click on the Privacy Settings options under the Activity Dashboard.
- Step 2: Now under the “Account setting” you will see a message – Show my view history for all Docs, Sheets, and Slides files
- Step 3: Here, just uncheck check the button. This will disable the view history for your Google Sheets, Docs, and Slides.
How to Turn Off View History for All Files?
The steps to turn off view history for all files are explained below:
- Step 1: Open Google Sheets on your PC.
- Step 2: Click Menu and then Settings in the top left corner.
- Step 3: Now the “Activity dashboard” window will open on the screen.
- Step 4: Here choose “Privacy Settings” in the window.
- Step 5: Now under “Document Settings” uncheck the button against the message “Show my view history for this document”.
What Happens If You Hide Your History?
Keep a note of the following things if you are thinking to hide your view history in Google Sheets:
- For anyone’s files, you will not be shown on the Activity dashboard.
- You can reactivate your view history to see all of your previously logged views.
- Your views will never be seen if your view history is switched off.
- On your documents, you may still see the view history.